Thursday, May 31, 2012

Float like a butterfly! Sting like a bee!


I feel like a boxer getting ready to step into the ring.  Bouncing around on the balls of my feet, my hands all taped up, shadow boxing.  Trying to keep all loose, rolling my head on my shoulders. Listening to my entourage telling me that I am great, I am a champion, that I can knock this punk out.  First round KO!
What they don't know is that I am going to have to go the distance a full 10 rounds and if I get a unanimous decision all the better.

Rocky! Rocky! rocky!


Okay honestly I am not exactly sure where I am going with this whole boxing thing, so I think I’ll drop it.  


So here I am now at the car wash!  Listening to videos of 49er highlights and just chillin.  
I really do like the car wash.  This is a "full service" hand wash car wash. Where you hand them over the keys and they vacuum it out and you're left sitting around for...30 to 40 mins.  So if you have time you just hang out at the car wash!  Its a rather nice day. Should I add a scene in my nano effort set at a car wash?  
You know that's an idea.
I am a paper carrier and I stop by a grocery store almost everyday.  Sometimes when I go by around 4 am in the morning, when it's dark and cold and wet, the store manager and I guess guys who deliver the potato chips and who knows who else, I see them sitting outside on those electronic scooters.  Just outside the main door, feet propped up chewing the fat.  
Okay for me this is funny because one, it's COLD!  We are like five miles as the crow flies away from the ocean.  So you're getting that off the ocean breeze and it's cold foggy and/or the marine layer rolls in.  It's damp.  
What in the hell do they talk about at 4 am in the morning?  How long do the hang out?  its very strange and since I don't hang around long, I am just there to
drop off a bundle of 4 New York Times papers, it's not like I am privy to their
conversations.

I just find it very odd, humorous but I've been accused of being odd before. *shrug*

I think I am prepared for my Camp Nano.



I have my snacks. I have my idea and my outline. I have to stay loose and relaxed or else this isn't going to work.  I also have to stay open to new plot ideas as they come barreling into me like rude teenagers who are running around without looking where they are going.
the one thing I do not have is a library of music to listen to, to inspire me.  I should probably get some but it's kinda late.
Oh well!  Nano for me starts in…six and a half hours.  I’ll be asleep for the official start!


Although that's not my name! I've got the eye of a tiger! I am "gonna fly now!  Mama told me to knock
You know that's an idea.
I am a paper carrier and I stop by a grocery store almost everyday.  Sometimes when I go by around 4 am in the morning, when it's dark and cold and wet, the store manager and I guess guys who deliver the potato chips and who knows who else, I see them sitting outside on those electronic scooters.  Just outside the main door, feet propped up chewing the fat.  
And yet there are these guys sitting outside on these scooters, feet propped up.  In their "dress" shirts, aprons, and khakis.
I just find it very odd, humorous but I've been accused of being odd before. *shrug*
Oh well!  Nano for me starts in…six and a half hours.  I’ll be asleep for the official start!
But once I am done with work, I’ll swing by the Starbucks and sit around for a little bit and see if I can’t hit the day’s word count. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

distract me!