Monday, August 8, 2011

. . . and I thought I was gonna die

Camp didn't start off well.
550 words on the first day, and the case of the sniffles.
Day Two - another 580 so words and my head decided that it was going to try and KILL ME!

I have real bad sinus problems. Not allergies but when a "bug" shows up it attacks my sinuses first. I get the worst headaches. I get all snotty and drippy; blowing the nose doesn't help. My face just aches.  Those of you who suffer the same fate understand.
I went to the local CVS and took a good 30 minutes looking through medicines trying to get something that fit my symptoms. No I don't have chest congestion.
Yes, I have aches and pains.
Yes, I have nasal congestion.
Yes, I have sinus pressure - that's why I am here!

But...
I also have itchy eyes but I know it's not an allergy.
Get this box? Get that box?
I need something for daytime as well. Can't have something that will make me fall asleep while I am driving now can I? Wouldn't do to wrap the truck around a tree!
So I picked something "safe" that was kinda effective, but I still had the pain so I slept a lot.

One week later!!!!!

yes..a whole week I am back. I still have some lingering sinus pain and NO new words.
Do I jump back into Camp? I should...I really should. I came up with some interesting ideas while drinking hot tea and just...blargh!
I feel okay now, but guilty that I haven't worked more on my NaNo.
I've like 800 or so words I think. Monday's word count goal is 13,336.
Yeah. Not gonna happen.

I am gonna have more tea and go to bed! I is sleepy.


1 comment:

  1. Aw, it's so unfortunate that you felt under the weather just as Camp started up. ): I'm really sad to hear that.

    I wanted you to know that if you felt up to it and wanted to join us in the cabin (that's how I found you - you were assigned to the same cabin as me :D), we would love for you to jump in. Some of us are behind too (I keep missing days), but whether or not we hit 50k, at least we would have each other. ... or something equally corny. If not, that's fine. Totally understand.

    ReplyDelete

distract me!